For about the past year, while browsing our shop, many of you have asked if we do custom orders. You mentioned you were looking for something with a favorite verse for yourself, or for the perfect verse to give to a friend or loved one that they might hold dear.
After listening to your requests for a personal gift for that special person in your life, or for the perfect reminder of truth for yourself, we vowed to make it a priority. We listened as you shared how your mom would love a certain verse to hang in her home and how you would love to put your life verse on an art print. We saw you eyes light up at the thought of having an item that was lettered with that word that God keeps speaking over and over to your heart.
Some of you are thrilled at this idea of custom anything while some of you might not be so sure about this. The thought of being able to choose any verse or word and have it lettered on something just seems so daunting and overwhelming. Maybe you have ideas but it's a "know it when you see it" kinda thing. We totally get that and still want to help you get it just right.
With Valentine's Day coming up, we wanted to share a list of verses that we think would be so meaningful to share with the loves of our life this year. To not only show them our love, but also the love of our Heavenly Father–to encourage someone in his or her relationship with Him.
These are our faves. Some simple, some with deeper meaning and further context, but either way, we think these would all make a special gift when hand-lettered on an art print to give as a Valentine...
- 1 John 4:19: We love because he first loved us.
- 1 Corinthians 16:14: “Do everything in love."
- 1 Peter 4:8: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
- John 15:12: “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."
- Psalm 143:8: “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."
- 1 John 4:7: Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5: Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn’t jealous. It doesn’t sing its own praises. It isn’t arrogant. It isn’t rude. It doesn’t think about itself. It isn’t irritable. It doesn’t keep track of wrongs.
- 1 Corinthians 13:7-8: Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up. Love never ends.
- 1 John 4:16: “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them."
- 1 Corinthians 13:2: “If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."
- Song of Solomon 8:7: “Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned."
- Proverbs 3:3-4: “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man."
- Ephesians 4:2: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
- 1 Corinthians 13:13: “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
- Song of Solomon 4:9: “You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace
Shop our Custom Hand-Lettered Collection to find the perfect piece to give as a gift or to keep for yourself!
Also, shop our Valentine's Day Favorites! We put together a collection of our favorite gift ideas for Valentine's Day.